What is Contour resurfacing and how does it help?
Contour removes layers of your skin’s surface, which will be replaced by younger, healthier skin. Only Contour has the ability to provide a treatment that is customised to your skin condition. Your wrinkles will soften and become less noticeable, some will disappear, and pigmented lesions will greatly improve. Acne and other types of scars will also significantly improve with this treatment. Localised contour can be used to spot treat any skin lumps and bumps.
Contour is appropriate for skin resurfacing and applications requiring ablation, vapourisation and coagulation of soft tissue which includes: Wrinkles, Epidermal Nevi, Acne Scars, Solar Lentigines, Seborrhoeic Keratoses, Actinic Keratoses, Syringomas, Xanthelasmas, Hypertrophic Scars, and Surgical Scars.
How does it work?
Contour’s laser beam will be delivered through a computer-controlled device that automatically scans the area of your skin being treated. You may hear a snapping or popping noise as the laser gently removes the outer skin cells. Your procedure may take between a few minutes to half an hour, depending on the size of the area to be treated and the depth of your peel.
Is Contour resurfacing suitable for everyone?
We do not treat:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Children under the age of 18 without parental consent
- Current significant skin disease/ infections such as cold sores at the site of treatment
- Patients with (darker) skin types 5-6 are at greater risk of post-treatment pigmentation
- History of keloid scarring (special precaution in high risk areas)
- Any emotional, mental or medical condition that may impair judgement