What are Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
Expression lines, worry lines, crows feet and smile lines – whatever you call them, wrinkles can be an unsightly by-product of getting older. Anti-wrinkle injections are a popular way to reduce their appearance, and are a much less invasive procedure than a facelift.
The injectable product is a naturally occurring toxin that when injected into the skin reduces the appearance of wrinkles and facial lines by relaxing the muscles that cause them. Anti-wrinkle injections can also help with other complaints like excessive sweating, jaw clenching, teeth grinding and tension headaches.
How does it work?
Anti-wrinkle injections work by relaxing the muscles that, when contracted, cause wrinkles and lines to appear. When injected, the nerve impulse that stimulates muscle contraction is blocked, so lines no longer appear. Sweating can be reduced in a similar way – injecting the affected area effectively blocks the nerve impulse that stimulates sweat glands.
What conditions can benefit from Anti-Wrinkle Injections?
- Facial expression lines & wrinkles
- Non-surgical brow lift
- Jaw-line reshaping
- Excessive sweating (especially palms & armpits)
- Teeth grinding
How can Anti-Wrinkle Injections help me?
Every “you” is unique so a careful pre-treatment assessment is an important aspect of the treatment process. Naturally, your individual concerns will be fully addressed and discussed prior to treatment.
In general, men and women can benefit from the following:
Wrinkle and line reduction
- Preventative reduction of excessive expression lines that can lead to permanent wrinkles
- Reduction of vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
- Reduction of horizontal worry lines on the forehead
- Reduction of crows feet at the side of the eyes
- Reduction of bunny lines on the nose
- Reduction of chin dimpling
Anti-wrinkle injection Treatment by Dr Patricia Lowe