What is it and how does it help?
The main advantage of Profractional / Fractional CO2 resurfacing is its reduced healing time, as opposed to traditional full resurfacing. Because it is applied in columns, the untreated areas are able to help the recovery of the new skin, making the healing process faster and safer. This procedure is most often applied over 3 treatments, with each treatment producing a noticeable improvement in skin quality
How is Profractional / Fractional CO2 different from MicroLaserPeel & Contour resurfacing?
MicroLaserPeel is a superficial laser peel (20–50 microns) that removes a superficial skin layer. It is best for pigmentary conditions and for a modest effect on wrinkles and scars.
Contour resurfacing is a deeper resurfacing that reaches deeper into the middle or collagen layer of the skin. The result is superior to MicroLaserPeel but is associated with significantly longer recovery times.
Profractional / Fractional CO2 resurfacing
Profractional / Fractional CO2 resurfacing is delivered as individual columns in a polka dot fashion. These multiple columns of laser can be varied in width, depth and density. The advantage is the reduced down time as adjacent normal tissue can assist with more rapid healing. Profractional/ Fractional CO2 can be combined with MicroLaserPeel or Contour resurfacing in the same treatment session. This appears to offer superior skin rejuvenation results. A very effective and popular combination is Profractional/ Fractional CO2 with BBL photorejuvenation. Your doctor will advise on the best resurfacing method for your skin.
Profractional / Fractional CO2 is best for:
- Sun damage, lines & wrinkles
- Complexion & skin tone
- Other scars – surgical & trauma scars
- Stretch marks (variable response)
Is everyone suitable for Profractional / Fractional CO2?
We do not treat:
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Children under the age of 18 without parental consent
- Current significant skin disease/ infections such as cold sores at the site of treatment
- Patients with (darker) skin types 5-6 are at greater risk of post-treatment pigmentation
- History of keloid scarring (special precaution in high risk areas)
- Any emotional, mental or medical condition that may impair judgement
Microlaser Peel & Profactional Rejuvenation