What is it and how does it help?
Skin Tyte uses the photo-rejuvenating effects of Broadband light (BBL) which is similar to a laser. The difference is that this method uses a range of infrared wavelengths instead of the single wavelength characteristic of lasers. Special Skin Tyte filters allow tailoring of specific frequencies or wavelengths to target selected deeper skin structures. Photo-rejuvenation using the infrared range can also be used to heat the collagen layer selectively, which produces contraction or tightening of the skin around lax areas such as the face, neck, arms and abdomen. It’s a procedure that’s safe for all skin types.
What can Skin Tyte do for me?
- Subtle tightening of face, jaw-line, jowls, chin & neck
- Other areas – arms and abdomen
Skin Tyte is not a substitute for a face or neck lift, or abdominoplasty, and results may vary from person to person.
It combines well with other complexion-refining procedures such as BBL photorejuvenation, Profractional and Sellas to achieve a more striking rejuvenative effect.
How does Skin Tyte compare with Radiofrequency devices (Thermage, DermaRF) for skin tightening?
All these devices work by heating the collagen layer of the skin to about 65°C. However Skin Tyte uses infrared to achieve this, while DermaRF uses radiofrequency energy. The efficacy and side effect profile is expected to be similar. All these skin tightening devices can achieve mild skin tightening only, and do not replace a surgical face or neck lift in patients with more advanced skin laxity.
Is everyone suitable for Skin Tyte?
We do not treat:
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women
- Children under the age of 18 without parental consent
- Current significant skin disease / infections such as cold sores at the site of treatment
- History of light sensitivity including connective tissue disorders, lupus, porphyria
- Any emotional, mental or medical condition that may impair judgement