Lip reshaping for fuller, more curvaceous lips is becoming common amongst younger women today.
Filler injections no longer use collagen, but a safer, longer-lasting and naturally occurring material such as hyaluronans. These are naturally found in all living tissues, including humans, and don’t require prior testing for allergy.
What is the difference between fillers and anti-wrinkle injections?
Fillers correct established facial lines and add volume to the treated areas (such as the cheeks or lips) while anti-wrinkle product relaxes the facial muscles that produce expression lines. In general, anti-wrinkle injections are best started before established lines (wrinkles, creases or furrows). On the other hand, fillers are only useful after the onset of established lines, except for shaping procedures – such as lip shaping – that can be carried out at any stage of adult life. Fillers are often used in conjunction with anti-wrinkle product, as their actions are synergistic. Most patients start with muscle relaxing anti-wrinkle injections (those 30 years and over) to reduce excessive expression lines that can lead to permanent wrinkles. For people aged 40 years and over, permanent lines and volume loss may have occurred, and these can be improved with fillers.
What can Hyaluronan fillers do for me?
- Lip definition
- Lip plumping
- Elevate down-turning of mouth corners
Lines & furrows
- Nasolabial furrows (side of nose to corner of mouth)
- Marionette lines (corner of mouth to jaw)
- Vertical frown lines between the eyebrows
- Horizontal worry lines on forehead
- Crows feet
Other shaping procedures
- Cheek bones
- Jaw Line
- Contour correction of defects (acne, trauma, surgical)
Are Hyaluronan fillers suitable for everyone?
We do not treat:
- Pregnant or breast-feeding women
- Children under the age of 18 without parental consent
- Any area where current significant skin disease or infections such as cold sores at the site of treatment
- Individuals with a history of collagen/ scarring/ connective tissue disorders
- Any emotional, mental or medical condition that may impair judgement
- Anyone with a history of significant adverse reactions to filler injections